The Pinterest dark mode is truly changing the game! You might have already been enjoying the benefits of this interactive platform. Scrolling through it to find new ideas, pinning interesting content, and meeting new people has always been a breeze with Pinterest. But now you have the chance to change its theme to something even more attractive. Which can be something that is easy on the eyes and the device.
The dark mode theme on Pinterest can make your interface look amazing. It also makes it easier to scroll at night and is less demanding on the eyes. Many Pinners end their day by looking at Pins that they like or content that they find restful. Relaxing videos and calming phone backgrounds are just some of the most popular searches done by Pinners in the evening. Some people even mention that the white background of the site can be too bright or painful on the eyes after a while. So if you want to use Pinterest later in the evening it may put a strain on your eyes and your head.
After listening to the feedback from their customers, Pinterest developed “Night Mode” for their site. Before we go ahead and learn how to set up this feature on different devices that you have, you might be asking one important question. What is Dark Mode?
What Is Pinterest Dark Mode?
The dark mode is a color scheme where light-colored text or icons are displayed with a dark background. Most websites or apps display a white background interface by default and dark mode is an optional theme. This type of design helps text, images, and videos to stand out much more than they would on a white background. The dark mode is also known as black mode, night mode, or dark theme. In recent times there has been quite a demand for night mode across platforms. Let us take a look at why dark mode is so popular.
Why Is Dark Mode Good?
More and more people have started to get behind the idea of using dark mode recently. Some people are motivated by its health benefits while others are attracted to its eye-catching display. Here are a few of the reasons that make dark mode so special:
- It is intended to reduce blue light exposure from our screens and devices which will ultimately lessen eye strain in the long run.
- Some people have even mentioned that night mode is relaxing and helps them to fall asleep quicker at night. Whereas the white background of some apps disturbs their sleep cycle. In some studies, it has been observed that blue light exposure can suppress our melatonin which is the hormone that tells our body to go to bed. Therefore having a darker background can reduce our exposure to blue light and could balance our sleep cycles.
- People who like to read recipes or posts on Pinterest find that the darker background provides greater contrast for the text. It is much easier to read that way since it makes the text stand out in a way that is not jarring.
- Different users have noticed that their eye strain has lessened with the help of this dark theme.
- Displaying the white background can use nearly 6 times as much power as a dark background. Shifting to a night theme can help conserve some of the power on your device.
- Since it uses less power it can also conserve your device’s battery life.
- For people who get migraines, tension headaches, or dry eye after a lot of screen time, using night mode could lessen these symptoms.
But you don’t need me to convince you. You can observe the benefits of Pinterest dark mode for yourself once you set it up. Here are 4 ways on how to enable dark mode for Pinterest.
How To Get Pinterest Dark Mode On A Mobile Browser
If you are using Pinterest on your mobile browser, chances are that you have been waiting for the dark mode theme for a long time. This has been a popular request from Pinners for a while just to make night-time browsing easier on the eyes. This feature was launched just in time and the steps are very simple.
- First, you will have to log into Pinterest through your mobile browser.
- Once you have logged into your account click on the “Profile” option.
- In your “Profile” section you will find the “Settings” icon. It usually looks like gear and you will have to top on it.
- Next, you have to click on “Edit Settings.” This is because you are switching from the bright white mode to a darker theme.
- In the “Edit Settings” section, scroll down and enable “Night Mode.”
- Then you just have to sit back and enjoy the benefits of this calming dark theme.
If you are a dark mode enthusiast, your Pinterest account should reflect it. It is time to set up dark mode and let your eyes reap the benefits. But, setting it up through your browser is just one way to start accessing dark mode. You can now also use night mode directly through the Pinterest app. Let’s see how to do that.
How To Get Pinterest Dark Mode In Android App
Initially, the dark mode was only available on Pinterest if you logged in through a browser. Now it has become very convenient for mobile app users to access this feature as well.
- You will need to find the Pinterest app on your phone or you will need to download it if you are a first-time user. It is a red icon with a white P written in the center.
- Click on it and log into your account. If you are new to the platform, click on the “Sign Up” option.
- When you are on Pinterest, tap the “Profile” icon which is at the bottom of the screen.
- On your profile page, you will have to click on the “Settings” icon. This icon is shaped like a gear and is at the top right corner.
- Go to “Account Settings” next.
- Then find the “App Theme” option. This will help you to switch from light mode to dark mode.
- Choose the “Dark” option and you will see the interface changing into something darker.
- If you would like to switch back to light mode just follow the same steps to do so.
Android users have been able to set up night mode easily with their Pinterest settings. But IOS users have found things slightly tougher over time. Find out below how you can set up dark mode on your IOS device.
How To Get Pinterest Dark Mode In IOS Or IPAD
Ever since Pinterest unveiled its dark mode feature, IOS users have been waiting for it to be unrolled in their app. But there is no night mode option set up with any of the Apple device mobile apps. Instead, you can use your phone or IPAD’s built-in dark mode settings.
- To do this, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or Ipad.
- Then scroll down and you will see the “Display and Brightness” option. Click on it to go to the next step.
- Next, you must tap on the “Dark Mode” option.
- You can then log into your Pinterest app from the same device. Once you open it, you will notice that it is also in dark mode.
By setting up dark mode directly from your device you can watch Pinterest follow your device’s theme. The only downside of this choice is that other apps might also change to the same theme. If you do not want this to happen you can switch back to light mode after using Pinterest for the day. Although this might be time-consuming you will be able to enjoy the night mode aesthetic for Pinterest.
How To Get Pinterest Dark Mode In Desktop
Similar to the IOS software, there is no dark mode feature available for the desktop. If you are an avid Pinterest user and want to set it up on Google Chrome or your desktop here are some steps you can follow:
- You will need to download a night mode extension for your browser. One of the most popular ones is the Night Eye extension.
- When you download the extension you will be asked to adjust its language settings. So complete that step before you move on.
- Next, you can use any browser of your choice to sign into Pinterest.
- Then go to your newly downloaded dark mode extension and select the “Turn On” option. This will make night mode settings default for any website that you visit.
- The Pinterest site will be reloaded and change to dark mode automatically whenever you access it.
Similar to the Night Eye extension there is also another popular option called the “Turn Off The Lights” extension. Here are the steps you can follow to set it up for your desktop.
- You will need to download this night mode extension for your browser.
- Download the “Turn Off The Lights” extension which works on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- After downloading it, click the gray lamp button and select the “Menu Items” option.
- In the menu items, you have to choose “Night Mode.”
- Next, you can use any browser of your choice to sign into Pinterest.
- The Pinterest site will change to dark mode automatically.
- In the extension, you can also enable the checkbox to get dark mode visible on each website that you visit.
Wasn’t it simple to set up dark mode for Pinterest? Now that you have set it up you can enjoy the benefits of this attractive user interface. Apart from this cool night theme, there are a lot of other great Pinterest features that you should learn about and take advantage of.
One interesting thing that Pinners enjoy doing is to make vision boards of all the wonderful things they find on the platform. These printed boards can help you ideate, create, and innovate with ease. But it might get confusing for you if you do not know how to print out things from Pinterest. Not to worry we are here to teach you How To Print From Pinterest. In no time you will be able to print recipes, pins, boards, and excellent content to have an enviable Pinterest collection offline.
Pinterest Dark Mode FAQ
Is there a dark mode for Pinterest Desktop?
No, Pinterest does not have an official night mode option for its desktop users. You will have to download a browser extension to set up dark mode. Follow the steps we have mentioned above to set it up for your desktop browser.
Is Dark Mode good for health?
Yes, night more or dark themes have been shown to reduce eye strain, help regulate your circadian rhythms, and lessen headache symptoms. You should start using it and observe the benefits for yourself.
What are the Pinterest Dark Mode extensions?
In this blog post, there are 2-night mode extensions that you can use. One is the “Night Eye extension” and the other is called “Turn Off The Lights.” You can read more to find out the steps involved in setting them up on your desktop.