Pinterest is one of the most creative and engaging platforms that you can be a part of. It has interactive group boards, contests, and many fun Pinners to follow. With so much happening, you might end up receiving too many pop-ups, emails, suggestions, and notifications. So, you might wonder how to stop notifications from Pinterest?
That is what we are going to teach you today. Once you follow the steps laid down below you will be able to stop Pinterest notifications with ease. You will still be able to discover and find new ideas on the platform but you will no longer be bombarded with too much information on and on. Speaking of notifications, there are a couple of different types that you might come across once you make an account on this site. It is better to know what to look out for when you join the platform.
What Are The Types Of Notifications That Pinterest Sends?
You will get three types of notifications from Pinterest. It is up to you to decide which ones you are comfortable with and which ones you would like to shut off.
- Notifications on the app: these include the messages that you receive on your Pinterest account. They can be updates about stories, pins, boards, and other people’s activities. You might get these notifications daily based on the content and people you are following.
- Notifications through email: you will receive various emails from the platform. They can include information about your activity, board searches, topics that you are interested in, and pin picks. These notifications will come to the main email id which you have linked to your account.
- Push notifications: these updates are related to your activity and include prompts or pins around topics that you love or are interested in. They are suggestions for you that help to make your browsing experience more enjoyable.
Why Should You Stop Pinterest Notifications?
Just like any other social media platform, Pinterest gives you updates about everything happening on it that is relevant to you. For instance, you may get notifications about boards, pins, messages, contests, and more. These can come in the form of emails or through pop-up notifications. You might not enjoy receiving so much information which is why you can just turn off the settings. Let us see how you can do that! Check our list of 7 ways to stop updates from Pinterest.
How To Stop Pinterest Email Notifications From App
Email notifications from the app can include information about relevant pins, your activity, or boards, and other searches. If you are tired of getting frequent emails on your phone it is best to turn off the settings.
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- In the top right corner find the dropbox and click on “Settings.”
- Once you are in your settings go to the “Notifications” option in the left side corner.
- You can then click on “Edit” which is next to the “By Email” tab.
- Press the relevant checkboxes to turn off all the notifications.
- Then finish up by pressing “Done.”
Some emails might not be interesting or relevant to you at all, and if you have a business account, the number of emails sent to you might be a lot more. Pinners will business accounts often get a lot more notifications about techniques that can help grow their business. You can read ahead to learn how to curate these updates efficiently.
How To Stop Pinterest Notifications For A Business Account
When you have a business account on this platform there are certain additional notifications you might receive. Information about the followers you have and their activity is usually sent. Additional updates are sent regarding campaign updates, performance metrics, Pin performance updates, and more. To change your business account notification settings:
- Log into your Pinterest business account.
- Go to the “Settings” option which will be near your profile.
- Once you are in your settings go to the “Notifications” option in the left side corner.
- You can then click on “Edit” which is next to “By Email.”
- Uncheck all the boxes next to the email notifications that you do not want to receive.
It might get tiresome to keep checking your Pinterest settings and figuring out which notifications to keep and which to leave behind. If you have a specific email update in mind that you want to get rid of, there is a simpler way to make it happen. Check the next part for more.
How To Stop Notifications From Pinterest Within An Email
Sometimes it is easier to stop specific Pinterest mail notifications directly from the source. This step will allow you to only stop that particular type of email from being sent again. If you don’t want any emails to be sent to you check the previous sections.
- Whenever you get an email from Pinterest, scroll to the bottom of the mail.
- There will be an unsubscribe option there. Usually, it is in bold but in some emails, it may be harder to find.
- Click the “Unsubscribe” option to stop getting those email updates from the platform.
- You will then be prompted to click “Confirm” to make sure of your choice.
Let’s say that you don’t have anything against such updates from Pinterest, you just don’t have time to check them at the moment. There is an option you can use to save these notifications for later. Check below to see what you have to do.
How to Delay Pinterest Notifications Using The “Read Later” Feature
In certain cases, you might want to check important notifications from Pinterest but not at present. To help you read the mails later when you have more time here is what you can do instead of blocking your notifications entirely.
- First, you have to log into the email account which is connected to your Pinterest app.
- Whenever you get an email from Pinterest just click on it.
- It will be selected and at the top right-hand corner, you will have to click on the “Snooze” option.
- You can then choose the date and time when you would like to receive the email again.
- This helps to free up time for you in the present rather than overwhelming you with too many emails.
Apart from emails, other updates might pop up in your account. Push notifications can also become annoying if you do not change your settings. Learn more in the next section.
How To Stop Push Notifications From Pinterest
When you use the Pinterest app you will start receiving push notifications. They show you interesting content based on your preferences. You might even get updates about pins you have saved, pin picks, live sessions, shopping, and many other types too. But sometimes you might not want to get these notifications too often.
- Launch the Pinterest app on your mobile or from your browser.
- Then you must go to the “Profile” menu.
- Tap on the menu icon which is shown by three vertical dots.
- You can then go to the “Account Settings” option.
- Once you press on the “Push Notifications” tab you can uncheck all the updates that you would not like to receive.
In all of these sections, you have the freedom the pick and choose which notifications you want and which you would rather live without. So choose wisely and read ahead to see how you can stop certain updates with your desktop.
How To Stop Notifications From Pinterest In Desktop
Now that you already know how to block notifications from Pinterest using mobile, you must learn the same using a desktop.
- You must first log in to Pinterest from the browser of your choice.
- At the top right hand click on the “Settings” option and go to “More Settings.”
- At the bottom, tap on the “Advanced” option.
- Under “Privacy and Security” you should go to Site Settings.
- You are almost there! Click on the “Notifications” tab next.
- You have to choose which types to block or allow.
All of these notifications can be exhausting to receive but there is one type that you might want to avoid the most. They are group notifications which at first might seem harmless, but later on, end up being sent all the time.
How To Stop Pinterest Notifications For Groups
After joining group boards you might want to follow up on their activity and get relevant updates from them. The only issue is when there are too many notifications clogging up your timeline. When that happens it is important to curb your group notifications on Pinterest.
- Log into your Pinterest account through your browser.
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- You then need to scroll halfway down the page to click on the “Notifications” option.
- Then pick which groups or boards you want to receive notifications about. Turn off all the rest.
- Lastly, you must click “Save Settings” within the board list.
What Are The Benefits Of Stopping Notifications From Pinterest?
- Notifications from any social media platform are designed to draw our attention and keep us rooted in the platform. Once you edit your settings you will be able to get more control over your time instead of rushing to check Pinterest.
- It will free up your feed, app, and email. You will not have to scroll through a bunch of useless emails or push notifications anymore.
- This will allow you to focus on the updates that hold your interest. That will make your Pinterest experience much more joyful.
- A business account will allow you to get an edge over your work. You will be able to cultivate a sharper focus on the notifications that matter.
With so many guides here, you will be able to switch off your Pinterest notifications easily. You no longer have to worry about pesky push notifications or annoying emails clogging up your desktop or phone space. Minimize the process and start receiving only those updates that spark joy.
Notifications on Pinterest are just one of the options you can use to take charge of your platform and use it the way you feel fit. You must start customizing your site and make it the best version possible. One other way you can do this is by keeping track of the image sizes that you post. Since Pinterest is a visual site, the way that you present your Pins can have a great effect. Learn more with the help of this Pinterest Image Size Guide.
Pinterest Notification FAQ
How to get Pinterest Ideas to stop popping up?
Go to your settings and switch off the option called “Picked For You.” Once you do that you will no longer see these updates in your home feed.
Why does Pinterest keep sending notifications?
Once you create your account on the platform, your notifications settings are all turned on by default. If you find any of them annoying or overwhelming it is up to you to switch them off.
Leave a Reply